Only 1 in 4 small businesses are using Instagram. In fact, of the 3 out of 4 not using Instagram, a third don’t use any Social Media at all.
Instagram has over 700 million monthly users, and currently has 300 million users per day. Whether you like it or not, Instagram is here to stay and if you run a business or manage a marketing department you need to reconsider devoting some time to this network for the future success of the business.
Marketing on Instagram is different and produces different results, but instead of focusing on driving organic traffic to your website or paying for advertising, spending some time and budget on running a daily marketing campaign on the site can benefit your business.
Focus on being discovered by new people, engaging with an audience, and highlighting your products or business.
It may seem like a waste of time, but it is not. Here are a few reasons Instagram matters:
- 95 million photos/videos are shared daily.
- Images generate over 4.2 billion likes daily.
- Instagram will celebrate its 7th birthday this year (launched October 2010.)
- Over 40 billion photographs have been shared so far.
- 51% of all Social Media users use Instagram.
- 26% of U.S. adults use Instagram.
- 49% of U.S. adults who use Instagram use it daily.
- 32% of Instagram users attend(ed) college.
- 30% of Instagram users earn $50,000 to $74,999 per year.
- 8% of brands use Instagram to market.
- Brands are getting 3x more engagement on Instagram (when compared to other sites.)
- Top brands post 4.9 times per week.
- 50% of Instagrammers follow at least one business.
- There are more than 500,000 advertisers growing their businesses on Instagram.
And a few more just for fun:
- Clarendon is the most popular filter in the U.S.
- Best hashtags for marketing: #social #socialmedia #smallbiz #marketing #discount
- Best hashtags in general: #love #instagood #tbt #picoftheday #instadaily
- Top brand using Instagram: National Geographic.
- Wednesday at 5 pm EST is the best day to post.
- ❤ is the Top Emoji on Instagram.